Saturday, May 16, 2009

My New Digs

After a week of nearly full-time cleaning, I finally have an apartment (of sorts) set up at Grandma's. Here are some of the pictures.

I think this is actually the first time I've had a double bed all to myself. So what if the mattress is 20+ years old?

Another view of the room. Note the lovely green, orange, and yellow flowers on one wall, and the most excellent yellow and orange plaid on the other.

Vanity and window shot.

This is my home "gym." This lovely machine maxes out at a whopping 8.0 miles per hour. It actually showed its first signs of life this Friday.


This was Dad's personal touch in the room. I'm most delighted with the decorating.

This bathroom is great. I especially enjoy the seedy looking shower. If you don't breathe too deeply it really isn't half bad.

I had to flip the light off for the full effect of the red shower light. The first time I saw the shower it immediately reminded me of the lovely bed that Tess and I shared in Tana (pictured below).


I know you're all supremely jealous that you haven't slept in a bed with a red light fastened to the top. Oh the delights of third-world accommodations!

It's great to finally be a bit more settled in. It's also great to be rid of the black layer of dirt that covered nearly everything in the upstairs (where I'm staying). Gotta love 409!

4 comments:

  1. Well, OK, maybe you really are earning your keep there. Just living in that room would be enough. You need a break and wouldn't Ecuador in June be just perfect? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have no idea how much I wish I could pull that off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA! I love the shower! I immediately thought of that too before I scrolled down and saw the picture of it. Glad you have a daily reminder. And thanks for sharing the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The picture of the yellow plaid walls, flowered table-cloth and monkey family photos is pretty much priceless. I wish I had such a corner in my home. You've inspired me...

    ReplyDelete