Saturday, May 2, 2009

Uno

I like reading blogs. A lot. I've got a handful of blogs that I read regularly and another few blogs that I check up on every now and again. So after years of blog-stalking and blog-envy, I've decided I should probably just start writing my own.

The tagline for this blog actually came from a clipping from one of the Jehovah's Witnesses' pamphlets a few years ago. One of my friends mailed the clipping to me from his mission, just after I had returned from my first trip to Madagascar. The article was actually about a coffee bean, but oddly enough the featured bean and I have traveled to many of the same places. Maybe it's a tad pretentious of me to call myself the "Bean Who Traveled the World," but I figure it's still a work in progress. More on that to come.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


School just ended, and this week I ended up going into a reading frenzy. I read over a thousand pages in the last six days alone. (Yes, I had a lot of time on my hands.)



I've enjoyed every one of these books, but I've been particularly fascinated with The White Man's Burden by William Easterly. If anyone ever fancies a discussion on foreign aid and emerging market development, I'm your girl.

The end of school also means more time visiting with the familia. This week we went to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point. It was splendid.







Other random tidbit: my hermana has inherited two ducks. They are the most spoiled pets I have ever seen.





No comments:

Post a Comment